Camel Trekking in Merzouga, Morocco
Camel Trekking in Merzouga, Morocco
Camel rides in Merzouga can be best experienced in the Sahara desert. Have you ever tried it? Riding a camel is a unique environment as Sahara can be a transformative experience for people who’ve never tried it. That’s what our camel ride in Merzouga trips are all about.
Indeed, with this tour, you will get to have a chance to explore the majestic golden dunes of a town called Merzouga. All in all, you will have a full Great Sahara experience while spending a night in a traditional Berber camp. Otherwise, you will get to learn about local tribes’ culture and their simple way of life. At the night you will enjoy a bonfire along with Berber music. Also, if you have never been to a desert-like environment it will be definitely an interesting experience for you.
- We offer both standard and luxury accommodations. Please let us know what your preferences are and we will send you the available options.
- All Sahara tours include a camel ride to the sunset in the Sahara Desert & delicious dinners at a beautiful campsite along with the bonfire and Berber music.
- In addition to the first-class service, we have free wifi, water, pillows, and a wide variety of music in our vehicles for your amazing journey.
- Please contact us for the desired tour, pricing, and more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Merzouga Camel Trekking for 1 to 2 Nights
The most requested desert trip options that we get are the 1-day camel trekking trip and 2-days camel trekking trip. However, we are recommending 2 days for camel trekking which gives you the opportunity to explore surrounding areas as well.
All in all, during these trips, you get to ride camels and watch the mesmerizing scenery of the Sahara along with unforgettable sunset and sunrise. Also, evenings are great for stargazing because Sahara offers you an amazing experience of clear sky with milky ways.
Moreover, our 2 days trips are filled with more activities. After breakfast, you will get the chance to explore the desert further. You’ll go on a trip to see the nearby fossils and see the desert lake, which is sometimes occupied by flamingos. Furthermore, we will be visiting semi-nomadic families and driving further in the dunes toward the Algerian border.
Lastly, if you are spending 2 nights in the desert you can choose to stay a second night in a bit more modern accommodations. At the desert riad, you can enjoy the pool along with a relaxing atmosphere. Also, if you prefer more lively surroundings you could hit the town of Merzouga for some lively spots.
3 – Night-Sunset-Sunrise Merzouga Camel Trekking
Not to mention, if you like to add 3rd night to a camel ride in Merzouga adventure you can dig into much deeper Moroccan local tribe culture and visit nearby desert towns as well.
In brief, you will visit Khamlia village which is a town known for spiritual Gnawa musicians. For sure, many of our guests really enjoy these unique desert rhythms. Another great cultural experience can be explored in the ancient town of Rissani. Especially, many of our guests enjoy visiting traditional souks in town.
All in all, the unique Sahara with its unusual environment and local tribes will not disappoint you. It rathe fills your soul and changes you forever.
What do these Merzouga Camel Trekking Tours include?
Lastly, the camel tours are not just about riding camels. There are plenty of fun other activities you can do in sand dunes.
Here are the services that you can expect:
- A secured car parking
- A camel ride
- Bonfire along with Berber tunes
- Traditional and authentic Berber tent to spend a night
- Breakfast and dinner in camp
- Transfer from the camp in a 4×4 vehicle instead of a camel
- Transfer with a quad instead of a camel